The Aspirations of a YouTube Video Editor and Content Creator

Trial and Error Beginnings

MacMadeIt Logo
My personal logo, compiled of a picture of a Centaurus A
I took last year and a blue gradient I put together

Editing is an arduous and sometimes painful process. It requires creative vision, patience, determination, and consistency. While the span of a project might be lengthly, the final result and satisfaction of a successful completed project is well worth the effort. My name is Mac, and I am an aspiring content creator, editor, and social media manager. Here is a little bit about myself and my choices of passion. 

My interests began upon discovering something to do with my hundreds of Legos when I was in middle school. I used an iPad and a stop-motion animation app to turn choreographed and photographed character movements into frame by frame video shorts that I would upload to YouTube. In high school, I built a personal computer to run more advanced software that I hooked up to a DSLR camera. But unfortunately, I grew weary of the frame by frame animation. With a functioning computer rig at my disposal, I began to turn to something more interactive and engaging. 


Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, an online
tactical shooter video game
During my sophomore year, I installed Discord, a group vocal communication hub, at the request of some of my friends. Shortly after, I installed my first computer video game, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. The tactical shooter was an instant hit with my friends and me, and I began to record the games we played and the fun times we had. Starting with a few crudely edited Windows Movie Maker edits, my work slowly became a more "professional" grade, as I attempted to teach myself Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop. Little did I know that these small projects with silly edits would turn into something that I would begin to pursue professionally. 

Currently, this YouTube editor side gig has slid into the background while I study Media Production at university. However, after years of trial and error and countless hours editing graphics and video, I have been able to set my sights on an attainable career path. Through over a hundred videos, thumbnails, social posts, descriptions, captions, and titles, I have gained valuable experience that can be put to use in a corporate setting. Last summer, I completed my first internship as a corporate marketing intern. I was quickly put to work using my editing skills, and I was able to learn how to run socials in a completely different environment. Hopefully, as I continue to study the ways of video production and social media management, I will find a position someday in my field of passion so that I may never have to work a day in my life. 



Keywords: YouTube, Video, Content Creator



Comments